On Wednesday, June 16 at 10am, The College Station in partnership with Kujichagulia Madison and Seein’ Is Believin’ will host the 2021 Juneteenth Virtual Precollege and College Fair.
Students and families are invited to this free event to explore precollege opportunities, the college admissions process, and scholarship opportunities available at Wisconsin 2-year and 4-year Public and Private Colleges and Universities. College admissions counselors and representatives will share information throughout the day. In addition, students will learn about success strategies and academic resilience. Students will hear from the following colleges/universities and precollege programs:
• Carroll University
• Lawrence University
• Madison College
• Milwaukee School of Engineering
• University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire
• University of Wisconsin-Madison
• University of Wisconsin-Madison – College of Engineering
• University of Wisconsin -Madison – PEOPLE Program
• University of Wisconsin-Madison – School of Pharmacy
• University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
• University of Wisconsin-Stout
• Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (WAICU)
This event is part of a series of programs designed to celebrate Madison’s Juneteenth Day. Juneteenth commemorates June 19, 1865, a day when African American slaves in Texas were told that they were free after the signing of President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation almost two years earlier. Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States.