2021 Meat Animal Pre-ID
Due online by 4:30 pm on Monday, May 17, 2021.
Market goats, lambs and swine need to be identified by using the online id form.
You must fill out the form for each animal id’d individually.
If you encounter problems or need help with the id form contact the Extension Office. 608-269-8722
The photos upload right into the form. You will receive a verification email that shows the information you entered into the system. You can still download a PDF of your entry as well once you submit the information. If you see an error, contact the Extension Office, (608-269-8722) or email Joshua Goede (email@example.com)
Monroe County Fair tags are available at the Extension Office. Please call ahead so your tags can be ready. 608-269-8722. Or, Check with your club or FFA Advisor.
The form will ask various information and then will ask for three photos for each animal.
The three photos will be:
- a profile shot of the left side of the animal
- a profile shot of the right side of the animal.
- a close photo of the Monroe County Fair tag or State Fair tag, in the animals ear, so that it can be read;
Here are some examples of acceptable pictures.
A few tips on taking a successful identification photo:
- Turning the flash off may reduce glare in the picture when doing a close up of the tag and ear
- It may be better to take photos outdoors if possible
- Try to photograph the animal in a natural pose if possible when taking the profile shots
- The profile photos can be in the pasture or lot when the animal is standing still
We will review all ID information and pictures and send you an e-mail if a picture needs to be re-submitted.
The following is the link to the on line self id form. https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bHHW0CmHWHp7F9Y
Use good bio-security when purchasing tags. Please do not wear clothes you have worn to the barn where the animals are kept to the place where you purchase your tags. It is also recommended that you purchase a tagger for your family’s animals. They are available at most Ag stores or online. The Monroe County tags are Du-Flex brand so make sure the tagger you get is compatible. If getting your own tagger is not possible and you borrow one make sure to disinfect, and completely dry it before taking it to the animal housing and after you have tagged your animals to prevent disease spread. A short soak in a 10% bleach solution is all that is needed.
Contact your FFA advisor, The Extension Office or your club leader if you have questions.